>Pink Bow Tie

Monday, December 30, 2013

My Fun-filled Christmas with Family

Hi lovies! I hope you had a FANTABULOUS Christmas. I wanted to do a last Christmas special post, focusing on Christmas arts & crafts but unfortunately I was short on time. Work was just hectic hectic hectic! And remind me again why I should never leave Christmas shopping to the last minute! Talk about procrastination. I seriously thought I had enough time but yet just 2 days before Christmas Eve, there I was running around the mall, having a mini panic attack, and practically just grabbing whatever I could lay my hands on! On the upside, I think I burned some calories with all that running around, don’t you think? =P But hey, with that done & over with, I finally am able to somewhat relax & get some much needed Oxygen into my bloodstream properly (not that hasty breathing kind which I felt I was doing a lot of during the holiday preparations). As for the arts & crafts special, it’s not too late. After all, the holidays are not over with New Years just around the corner. Therefore, in the next post which I will be posting just right after this one, I will be giving you, my beloved readers some tips on how to glamify (yes that is a word in Mavi’s world) your New Years so stay tuned!

In the meantime, I would like to take some time and just think about this past Christmas because frankly, I am not ready to leave it behind just yet! It’s hard to believe how this year flew by so fast but I am ready to welcome 2014. Although I don’t have any resolutions for the new yr yet, I have high hopes & am optimistic about it. Okay, I will stop rambling now & I’ll share with you how I spent Christmas.

On Christmas eve, spent the day running around finishing off some shopping for a few relatives and searching for giftbags & wrapping paper. Before I go on, can I just say how ridiculous it was that I spent about 2 hrs just looking for giftbags & wrapping paper?! I never would’ve thought that stores at the mall (even Dollar Store) ran out of those! But they proved me wrong. I had to embarrassingly wrap some of the last minute presents in holiday paper tissues (the ones you put inside the giftbags to decoratively conceal the contents). Thankfully, I had a lot of those & spare ribbons at home. I just had to improvise. A few embarrassed laughs & apologies later for the horrible wrapping paper, it still turned out well. I mean we have to look at the bright side – The end result is always the same: torn up wrapping paper on the floor right? Okay, maybe this year, they’ll let it slide but next year I have to be more prepared! People of the world, that debacle serves as a lesson for us, nothing is impossible & never assume. Phew glad that was over. Moving on, after we prepared our dining table for our Christmas Eve dinner (which we call Noche Buena) we went to church at around 9 pm where we sang Christmas carols & celebrated Jesus’s coming. After, my immediate family came over, and we had late night dinner, opened our presents and didn’t sleep until 5 am (yup, that’s how we do it every year!).

                        
                                            with my cousin                                                Christmas selfie

 Christmas Day was another long, fun-filled day as well. It was spent at a relative’s house where lots of games were played, lots of laughs & stories were shared and can’t forget the abundance of food we indulged in! Remember those calories that I thought I burned during Christmas shopping? Well I think they came back with a vengeance. Oh boy. Diet? What diet? During the holidays, that word is non-existent right? Here are some pictures of that day.


 Day after Christmas while my family had a lazy day, I had work. They spent half the day in pajamas, lounged around and watched movies. In Canada every year after Christmas, there’s a day called “Boxing Day” and no I’m not talking about the sport Boxing, but it’s a sale day where people go berserk in the malls. It’s an equivalent of “Black Friday” in the United States except here, it’s held after Christmas whereas in the States, it occurs after Thanksgiving Day. God knows why it’s called “Boxing Day”. Although it doesn't refer to the sport, it might as well be since people don’t hesitate to knock each other out while reaching for those 75% off sale items before other people get to them. To say it’s a gong show is an understatement. Our family however chooses to pass it up every single year because 1. We do not have the energy to battle with die-hard boxing day fans since our Christmas day celebrations always run until dawn and 2. Parking is impossible to find. This year, instead of shopping, my family went up to the mountains in the afternoon so the kids could have a day to play in the snow since it didn’t snow here in the city at all.


 So, that is how I spent Christmas. To sum it up, it was TONS of fun, love and food. Dear Golly, there goes my diet and healthy eating out the window! Hopefully I stick to a New yrs resolution that I just created right now – going to the gym at least 3 days a week, not once a week or none at all like I’ve been doing but AT LEAST 3! Ugh, have to be more disciplined! No pain, no gain. Anyways, enough about me. What about you, people of the world? How did you spend your Christmas? I’d love to know about them =) Feel free to comment below!


Here’s a party song to welcome in the New Year & See you later Christmas!
                                                

Catch ya later lovelies! Stay tuned for my special NYE post. XOXO

6 comments: